We love baking during the holidays. It really brings families together and the boys' love helping me in the kitchen. It's so fun baking festive goodies and delivering them to our family and friends. Today, I'm excited to share a fun, easy recipe with you that is perfect for giving this holiday season! It's the Dry Cranberry White Chocolate Cookie Mix from the Ohio Poultry Association. It's easy for the kids to help assemble with no baking on your part needed, unless you want to of course! The recipe is as simple as putting the dry ingredients in a pretty glass jar, adding a ribbon and attaching the recipe card, so fun!
Before I share it I want to share 4 holiday baking tips from the Ohio Egg Farmers to help you bake a little better when you're making all your goodies this season. Ohio is the 2nd largest egg producing state in the nation producing 8.7 billion eggs a year, so surely they know what they're talking about! During the winter holiday season more eggs are consumed than any other time of year, even beating out Easter so these tips will surely come in handy!
4 Holiday Baking Tips from the Ohio Egg Farmers
1. Don't skip the eggs! Eggs are the most important, indispensable ingredients in baking. Eggs add moisture, color, flavor, and nutritional value to all of your holiday recipes.
2. Use LARGE eggs in holiday baking! Using a different size egg, without making an adjustment, will affect texture, flavor and consistency. If you don't have large eggs use this conversion chart to see how to substitute a different size.
3. If your recipe calls for multiple eggs, add one at a time. This will help prevent a lumpy batter and mix evenly.
4. Many holiday recipes call for only whites or yolks, which require to be separated. Use an inexpensive egg separator or funnel to separate eggs, rather than passing the egg yolk back and forth from the shells in your hands, to avoid contamination.
Learn more and see this Cranberry White Chocolate Cookie recipe by visiting:
Also follow the Ohio Poultry Association on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipe ideas to add to your holiday baking lists!
-- Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies --
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 pkg (6 ounces) dried sweetened cranberries
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Dry Cranberry White Chocolate Cookie Mix, combine all dry ingredients in a clear 2-quart container with a tight fitting lid. Add a bow and attach the full recipe on a cute card! Store in a cool dry place until ready to give as a gift.
- To make cookies, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine 1 container dry cookie mix with butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until well combined after each addition. Stir in vanilla until blended.
- Drop dough using a tablespoonful for each cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheet on wire rack 1 minute. Remove and cool completely.
Happy Holidays, Enjoy!